I’ve been wearing Vans for years and never really thought about their slip-resistance. Recently, I started working in a hospital and I quickly realized that slip-resistant shoes are a must!
I was so happy to find out that Vans makes a non-slip version of their popular shoe. In this article, I will talk about my experience with the shoes and whether or not they actually work as advertised.
Are Vans Slip-Resistant Shoes?
I was a little skeptical at first, but after wearing them for a few weeks I can say that they are definitely slip-resistant.
I’ve never had any issues with slipping, even on wet surfaces. The shoes have a special grip that seems to work well.
What Makes Vans Non Slip?
The shoes have a rubber outsole with a slip-resistant tread pattern. This combination helps to keep you from slipping, even on wet or oily surfaces.
I’ve found that the shoes work best when they are dry, but they still offer good grip even when they are wet.
The one material you can be sure to find in Vans is rubber. This is the main raw material used for the soles and outsoles.
Rubber itself holds some of the best non slip characteristics, making it a stellar sole material. Rubber soles can provide traction, even on wet or greasy surfaces. Of course, the level does depend on the quality.
Poor quality rubber won’t provide much traction, and may even be susceptible to wear and tear. Vans utilize a high-quality rubber, which offers the best possible friction between the sole and surface.
Vans has a high dry static coefficient, which means that the frictional force between surfaces is optimal. As a result, you may wear Vans shoes while running or walking on wet terrain.
The manufacturer adopts a special vulcanization process during the construction. Throughout the production, the rubber is “baked” onto the shoe in two stages. In the first phase, it’s heat-cured and compressed before it’s steam-baked in step two.
If you crave more information about Vans, i suggest you take a look at this article on the best insoles for Vans.
Slip-resistant tread patterns
Vans also takes advantage of slip-resistant tread patterns. They have a series of raised dots or lines that grip the surface below. These work together with the rubber to provide even more traction and stability.
The best way to think about it is like tires on a car. The tire’s threads need to grip the road, so you don’t skid off in wet conditions. The same goes for shoes – you need good treads to grip the floor and prevent slipping.
We’ve asked Vans Users: Are Vans non slip shoes?
I can only speak for the Van styles with the classic Vans waffle sole made from gum rubber; those are very slip resistant. Even in wet conditions on smooth surfaces the gum rubber waffle tread really grips.”
Mike Mahoney Quara
Are Vans non-slip for work?
I think they are great for work. I have a pair of Vans Old Skools and I love them. They are very comfortable and slip resistant. I have never had any issues with slipping, even on wet surfaces. The shoes have a special grip that seems to work well.
“For sure Vans have a certain amount of slip resistance to them, they are skate shoes after all. As for if you should wear them to work, that’s a personal preference and largely depends on what your job is. ” Robert – Vans user Quara
I have reviewed best Vans non slip shoes for work for you;
- The Vans Vn-0tuy187 Trainers for men would make an excellent work shoe. They feature gum rubber soles and a canvas body. They’re available in three colors, although all-black is probably the best choice for professional work attire.
- Another fantastic shoe is the VANS Unisex Era Skate Shoes in white. It has a double-stitched canvas and waffle rubber outsole for slip-resistance. The sole is thick, making it quite comfortable to wear for longer.
- Slip-ons, such as the Vans Slip-on Core Classics Trainers, are amazing for work. They’re easy to get in and out of, and these Vans include thick rubber outsoles. And, the white color isn’t too crazy for most workplaces.
- If you’re going to stand for prolonged periods, shoes such as these Vans Women’s Slip-On Trainers would be perfect. The thick, rubber outsoles are soft and comfortable as well as non slip, great in the kitchen or on the restaurant floor.
If you’re interested in finding out more about the best non slip shoes for restaurant servers and chefs, read this article.
Are Vans non-slip for restaurants?
Are you working at restaurants? If so, you will be happy to know that Vans non-slip shoes are perfect for this type of work! They have a special grip that helps you keep your footing, even on wet surfaces. I have never had any issues with slipping, even when the floor is wet.
“I work in a restaurant and we have to be careful of slipping on wet floors so I am glad that Vans makes a non-slip version of their popular shoe.” Ashly Sun, Restaurant Manager
Good choice for kitchen shoes
The VANS Men’s Era Skate Shoes are a good choice for kitchen shoes. They’re slip-resistant and have a comfortable fit. The all-black color is also professional and won’t show dirt easily.
Another good option is the VANS Unisex Slip-On Core Classics Trainers. They’re easy to slip on and off, which is great when you’re busy with customers. They also have thick rubber outsoles for comfort and slip resistance.
For women, the VANS Women’s Slip-On Trainers are a great choice. They have thick rubber outsoles that are soft and comfortable to stand in for long periods of time. They also come in a variety of colors, so you can find one that matches your restaurant’s decor.
How do non-slip shoes work?
Non-slip shoes have a special grip that helps you keep your footing, even on wet surfaces. The shoes are made with a special material that helps to prevent slipping. This material can be found in the soles of the shoes or in the tread pattern.
Wearing non-slip shoes is important for anyone who works in a restaurant, hospital or other type of business where there is a risk of slipping on wet floors. Non-slip shoes can help you stay safe and avoid injuries.
If you’re also asking, “Can I wear Vans to work?” Vans is a great option. Their shoes are slip resistant and come in a variety of styles to suit any workplace.
So, if you’re wondering if Vans non-slip shoes are a good choice for your workplace, the answer is yes! They’re slip-resistant, comfortable, and come in a variety of styles to suit any business.
- To preserve the non slip feature, clean your footwear frequently. You can use an old toothbrush and some water or let them dry before banging together to loosen any debris that may be stuck in between each sole plate; this will help keep you from slipping up on our slippery floors!
- Check the depth of the treads to determine how slip-resistant the outsole is. A deep lug will perform better than a shallow one.
- Don’t sweat the differences between non slip, slip-resistant and skid-resistant, because there isn’t any. Manufacturers like to use various labels to sell their products, even though the meaning is virtually the same.
How to make shoes non slip for fork?
Perhaps your budget doesn’t cover new work shoes or you’ve just purchased and they’re not as non slip as you hoped, don’t fret. There are various ways to improve the slip-resistance of your shoe, no matter the outsole material. Here are a few tips:
- Invest in a non-skid sole that you can attach to the bottom of your shoe. These attachable soles are a budget-friendly solution that not only makes the shoe slip-resistant but also adds some comfort. They’ll protect your shoe’s outsoles from early wear and may even extend their lifespan.
- Try a slip-resistant spray-on coating—this is a fantastic alternative to the adhesive pads above. However, note that various types are available, so make sure you pick one that’s compatible with your shoe. I have an in-depth guide on traction spray and grip pads here.
- You can also use hairspray as a quick resolve—spray a liberal amount and let it dry before wearing. Be warned though, this isn’t a permanent solution.
- If you have flats or heels, you can attach an ankle strap to the footwear. This may not aid its slip-resistance, but it can make you feel more stable while walking on slippery surfaces.
- Another trick to try is puff paint—the type used in arts and crafts for children. As the paint dries, it becomes textured and rough, which is excellent for non slip. Apply a thin layer and leave it to dry for several hours before wearing. However, it’s temporary.
- A useful tip is to scuff the soles against an abrasive surface such as rough concrete or gravel. New shoes often have a slippery bottom, so by scuffing, you’re removing the outer layer.
What are the best vans for working out?
Assuming you mean the best Vans shoes for working out, I would have to say the Ultrarange MTE. They’re comfortable, stylish and have a lot of good reviews.
The second option would be the Skateboarding line of shoes from Vans. These shoes are designed for skateboarders but can also be used for other activities like working out.
Last but not least are the Vans Old Skool shoes. They’re classic sneakers that are comfortable and versatile. You can use them for working out, casual wear or even skateboarding.
Other non-slip shoes you can wear to work
If Vans aren’t your thing, don’t worry. There are plenty of other non-slip shoes that you can wear to work. Here are a few of my favorites:
The first option is the Skechers Work Sure Track Trickel Slip Resistant Shoe. These shoes are slip resistant, comfortable and come in a variety of styles and colors.
Another great choice is the Timberland PRO Powertrain Sport Alloy Toe ESD Athletic Work Shoe. These shoes are slip resistant, comfortable and have a lot of good reviews.
Last but not least is the Merrell Encore Kassie Moc Slip-On Shoe. These shoes are slip resistant, comfortable and come in a variety of colors.
Of these three, Converse has the best slip-resistance record. Vans is a close second, but Skechers takes the cake when it comes to comfort. Timberland might have the best reviews, but they’re also the most expensive. If you’re on a budget, I would recommend either Vans or Converse.
To answer your question: are Vans non slip? Yes, they are—almost all Vans include rubber outsoles with unique tread patterns, providing outstanding grip. They’re fantastic shoes for work and sports, such as skateboarding or boating.
To tell if your shoes are non slip, inspect the materials and texture—soft, flexible soles generally provide more grip. Also, watch the tread patterns and depth to determine their ability. However, if you don’t like Vans, another fantastic non slip shoe brand is Converse.
Have you ever had an embarrassing moment where you slipped on something, whether it be at work or at home? I know I have. It’s not a fun experience, let me tell you. If only I had known about Vans non slip shoes beforehand, maybe that incident could have been avoided.
Do you have any tips on how to make shoes non slip? Let us know in the comments below!