You may be thinking your shoes are dry, but they still contain some moisture- A perfect place for the bacteria to grow.
It further leads to smelly feet and other problems. You must complete dry your boots either in the sun or using a dedicated device.
Today the market is offering us a new option to dry and clean our shoes with ease. Such devices, specifically manufactured to dry out shoes, are best in reducing moisture and thus getting rid of all types of odor. Read this comprehensive buying guide to find the best boot dryer for your needs.
1. MaxxDry Shoe Dryer
2. PEET Dryer - Advantage 4-Shoe Electric Express
3. MaxxDry Heavy Duty Boot Dryer
4. Manledio Portable Electric Shoe Boot Dryer and Warmer
5.DryGuy DX Forced Air Boot Dryer
6. Jobsite Boot, Shoe & Glove Electric Dryer
Is A Boot Dryer Necessary?
Yes, it is. A boot dryer is highly required and not limited to a particular group of people whose feet smell. If you are staying in a snowy environment or working in some wet environment, you must own this tool.
The best boot dryer removes every contamination of mold that comes with bacteria and fungus. Using such dryers ensures you complete drying of your footwear within a few hours.
The interior of the boot may lie to you that it’s dry, but it is mostly moist. When you put your shoes out to dry, there is relatively high temperature and low humidity, so the evaporation of water becomes very slow making the bacteria and fungi continue to multiply and cause problems such as Athletes' foot.
A dryer is useful not just to dry your boots but also dry other things like gloves, heavy socks, helmets, shin pads and groin pads and pants. The dryer utilizes heat to be able to dry any garment without causing any damage.
Who Does The Boot Dryer Benefit Most?
As much as everyone should dry their boots, there is a group of people that needs to be very careful to use the boot dryer for their feet’s safety. They include:
- Anyone who has a smelly feet problem and does not have many pairs of shoes to wear and clean each daily will benefit from this dryer.
- Boot users whose careers are hiking, fishing, hunting, skiing or snowboarding and are out there every day will dry their boots quickly and entirely.
- People in sports who play all day or for long periods should allow their shoes to dry using this dryer.
- Parents of kids who enjoy playing in the snow can now dry these tiny boots completely leaving no traces of moisture in their boots.
What to Consider When Buying A Boot Dryer?
There are a few considerations to make when purchasing a quality boot dryer. A few of them include:
- A Drip Tray: This is great in drying soaking wet shoes, ensure you invest in a dryer that offers you this feature.
- Capacity: Is the dryer able to dry out multiple pairs at a time? Consider one that can.
- Optional Heat: With an optional heat product, you can either use radiant or forced heat for the drying needs.
- Uses Low Heat: Good dryers use low levels of heat and protect your footwear from heat damage.
- Contains A Fan: Such dryers have got a fan that moves the air through the shoes making them dry faster.
- Auto Shut Off: Driers without an auto shut off button will over dry your shoes leading to some damages. They also require you to be around all the time to turn it off. Better choose an auto-cut model.
- Portability: Invest in a drier that you can carry during vacation or camping out. Do notice the size and the weight of the product.
- Additional Sanitation: Some dryers offer the option of sanitizing your boots as they dry them. If you suffer from badly smelly feet, this must be your choice.
- Noise Free Dryers: Invest in a quiet dryer that will not produce any noise unless you are a sound lover.
5 Top Rated Boot Dryers With Review
It quite a tough job to find a product that fulfills all the quality standards and serves you with best features. We have jotted down a list of some of the top rated boot dryers that you can choose from. Have a look:
It is a forced air dryer that is reliable and quiet. It uses a gentle breeze to warm softly and eliminate wetness and odor from boots, shoes, and gloves within an hour. It dries most types of shoes including tall boots, workboots, athletic shoes, play and work gloves, children’s boots and any closed shoes.
This dryer does not cause stiffness, shrinkage or any damage. It measures about 9 inches W x 6.25 inches D x 21 inches H and weighs 5.5 pounds only.
- It has a quiet motor rated at about 80,000 hours.
- It allows removable extension tubes.
- It dries only in an hour and removes all the odors.
- It can dry up to four shoes simultaneously.
- It is not shipped outside the US.
- Can accommodate only one pair at a time.
This dryer powers its air through the air chambers and drypots using a fan. It dries the footwear in about 1-4 hours depending on the item’s saturation. This dryer can handle two pairs of shoes no matter the weight.
It neutralizes all the odor and bacteria removing every contaminant like molds and virus that cause skin irritation. The Peet shoe dryer is ideal for drying all types of materials whether it is leather, PVC, rubber or canvas. It weighs about 6.4 pounds measuring 9.8 x 13.3 x 13.3 inches.
- Can dry up to two pairs of shoe, two pairs of sock and a headgear all in the same cycle
- Has a two-year warranty that ensures the products works as expected in the first two years.
- Allows you to set the timer for the drying period.
- Gives you an option to choose between heat and no heat drying.
- It does not ship outside of the US.
- You will need to buy dry ports to add on to the drying pots.
This dryer can dry up to four garments at the time and only in an hour. It's high volume blower provides unheated air that allows super-fast drying. It only weighs 4 Pounds and takes up little space in your room. It dries most types of garments including the ski-snowboard boots, gloves, and pants. It measures about 12.5 x 9.7 x 6.8 inches.
- It comes with four extra tall air chambers with the whisper quiet rotary blower that allow quick drying.
- Has 99 degrees air temperature that protects clothes and eliminates odor.
- Has a 3-hour timer with a 6 feet power cord.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Does not disassemble for easy transportation.
It is the original Peet dryer that is safe and silent all through the drying period. It perfectly dries all your gear without leaving any traces of dampness. Though a little older product, it is ideal to dry even the modern materials without damaging them.
It only comes with two patented dryports that accommodate a pair of shoes at a time. Not only it drys the pair but eliminates all mold and bacterial growth as well. It weighs only 2.9 pounds measuring 10.5 x 4.8 x 13.2 inches.
- Comes with a 25 years warranty meaning this product is reliable for use for the longer period.
- It is an excellent dryer for all types of materials from synthetics, canvas, fleece, etc.
- Has a very firm base that does not topple over with the weight of the shoes/boots.
- It is a silent dryer.
- Ships only in the US.
- No switch or indicator for on/off.
It is a silent radiant heating system that accommodates up to four shoes or boots that can be easily loaded or unloaded. The use of the Thermanator provides a modular drying system with three mounting options either the wall, the floor or the free standing hardware. It allows it to use small space in drying up many shoes at the same time. It weighs about 8 pounds measuring about 26.5 x 12.7 x 4.7.
- Using in mudrooms is ideal.
- Very silent radiant heating.
- Offers either free standing or wall mounts options.
- Have no moving parts.
- It provides energy efficient of 7.5 watts on each boot.
- It’s very sturdy and can hold even heavy boots.
- Has got long holding racks.
- Takes a long time to dry the shoes.
Images source: Amazon
I hope the detailed reviews of the best boot dryers helped you choosing one. As a goodbye note, I must say, even if you own a dryer yet it is just a tool that can dry your boots but can't cure the excessive sweat.
Now that you own your boot and socks drier, it does not mean that you go careless with your feet. Make sure to work hard to eliminate the smelly feet and any bacterial infections that come with it.
Ensure that you wash your feet every time you pull your boots or shoes off using a disinfectant or sanitizer to eliminate any bacteria or fungi. Dry your feet properly and apply a good moisturizer to keep them well pampered.
Additionally, When you don’t need to be outdoors in boots or closed shoes, invest in some open shoes that will allow your feet to breathe and relax. These efforts will undoubtedly lead you to get your feet in check and keep them dry and healthy without any smell whatsoever!