Do you have a pair of military boots that aren’t quite as comfortable as they used to be? Maybe they have stretched with wear and are now a little too big.
Find out which are the best insoles for military boots to restore the status quo.
Let’s look at the top five insoles for combat boots and why you need them.
BEST MILITARY BOOT INSOLES FEATURED RECOMMENDATIONS
1. SOLE Active Thick Insoles
These thicker insoles are a good choice for military boots. They have an open cell foam layer to cushion your foot. They mold to your feet with wear or can be heated for a custom fit. The top layer has moisture wicking properties to keep feet dry.
- SOLE footbeds are recommended by podiatrists as an effective alternative to prescription orthotics
- Clinically proven to reduce plantar fascia strain by 34%, aiding with plantar fasciitis pain relief
- Zero drop, deep heel cup and dynamic arch support offer neutral alignment and pressure distribution
- Insole with 3.2 millimeter cushioning for comfort and shock absorption
- Polygiene coating for active odor-control using recycled silver salt
2. Physix Gear Sports Orthotic Inserts
The full-length insoles provide arch and heel support from a semi-rigid construction. A low profile ultra-thin design made from EVA foam and polyurethane supplies superior comfort. The non-slip heel holds these combat boot insoles securely in place.
- ARCH SUPPORT: The Physix Gear Sport high arch support designed insole robustly functions to balance the force structure of the foot, providing a convenient and extremely soothing solution for those with flat feet, runner’s knee, shin splints and achilles tendinitis. Physix Inserts relieves metatarsal arch and heel pain, corrects abnormal walking patterns, relieves metatarsalgia (ball of foot pain), helps with patellofemoral syndrome (knee pain), plantar fasciitis and helps low back pain.
- SUPERIOR MATERIAL: Crafted from high-quality and durable medical-grade Dual Base Layered High-performance EVA foam and PU material, these comfortable orthotic inserts make your feet feel like they’re walking on clouds! Deep Heel Cradle for Stability,Top Fabric and a Low Profile Ultra-Thin Design ensures your feet get the best tender loving care they deserve - anywhere, anytime, use after use! Perfect for improving performance physical activity.
- ROBUST FUNCTIONALITY: Perfect for rock climbing, ball games, sports, camping, running & more. Also great for those who stand on their feet for prolonged periods of time such as retail employees and service industry workers. The ergonomically designed lightweight orthotic show and arch support insoles provide long lasting hours of comfort! Shock absorption ensures reduction of muscle fatigue in feet & legs. Ideal Insoles for work shoes/boots, sneakers, casual shoes and hiking shoes.
- ERGONOMIC NON SLIP DESIGN - Providing exceptional support for proper foot posture and arch support, Physix insoles are meticulously designed to reduce pain and discomfort. The semi-rigid arch support and heel cup provide additional support and stability while on the go. Physix Orthotic insoles allow more room in the toe box for a comfortable fit in any shoe. The orthotic inserts have a non slip heel to hold the insole securely in place throughout the day.
- 100% RISK FREE PURCHASE– Physix Gear Sport is a truly remarkable company offering one of the absolute best orthotic and foot products on the market. Buy with utmost confidence. If for any reason you aren’t happy, simply contact us and we’ll replace or refund the product for you. 100% risk free! Zero hassles, zero waits. Your satisfaction is our utmost focus. ‘Add to Cart’ now and join thousands of satisfied customers worldwide!
3. Powerstep Comfortlast Insoles
Variable foam cushioning in these insoles gives support just where you need it. There is gel in the heel to absorb shock as you walk. The antimicrobial fabric upper helps prevent nasty odors and keeps feet cool and comfortable.
- Plush VCT Variable Cushioning Technology: A high-performance foam formulation gives you targeted and controlled cushioning
- Shock Absorbing Insoles: Gel at the heel absorbs shock and reduces the impact of every step you take
- Contoured Shape: Arch support and heel cradle provide stability and motion control
- Moveable from Shoe to Shoe: Easily transfer ComfortLast insoles from one pair of shoes to another with no trimming required. Natural grip holds the insoles in place
- Anti-Microbial Top Fabric: Heat and friction-reducing top fabric helps prevent odor and bacteria
4. Airplus Ultra Work Memory Plus Insoles
A memory foam insole, which molds to your foot to give you a personalized fit, makes these insoles ideal for military boots. They have protection targeted in the heel area to absorb shock. An antibacterial upper keeps your feet and boots smelling fresh.
- Memory foam instantly molds to the foot to offer personalized comfort
- Relieves pain from working and standing on hard surfaces and rugged worksites
- Offers all day comfort and support
- Targeted heel protection absorbs extreme shockIdeal for any type of work boots, casual shoes, or sneakers
5. Powerstep Pinnacle Shoe Insoles
The Powerstep Pinnacle gives semi-rigid but flexible support at the arch and has a deep heel cup for support. The PORON® cushioning and ventilated fabric upper provides cushioning and air flow. This helps keep feet comfortable and free from odor.
- MAXIMUM CUSHIONING: A durable EVA foam base and plush top layer, paired with our Variable Cushioning Technology, provide a dual layer of targeted and controlled cushioning, enhancing comfort in your shoes
- SEMI-RIGID ARCH SUPPORT: Firm yet flexible arch support and deep heel cradle increase foot support and stability – providing greater motion control while walking or running
- ANTI-MICROBIAL TOP FABRIC: Heat and friction reducing fabric helps feet stay cool, dry, and odor-free during strenuous activity – keeping your feet comfortable, healthier, and blister-free.CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Spot clean with a mild detergent. Do not immerse in water. Air dry only. Replace your Powerstep insoles as needed depending on wear
- FOOT PAIN PREVENTION AND RELIEF: These shoe insoles are the ideal orthotic for pain associated with plantar fasciitis, mild to moderate pronation, metatarsal pain, heel and arch discomfort, flat feet, sore and tired feet, and other common foot conditions. Moveable from shoe to shoe with no trimming required
- VERSATILE INSOLE: Supports all arch types – low, neutral, and high arches. The insole also fits a variety of shoe types with removable insoles – athletic, casual, dress, and work shoes or boots. The orthotics come with an encapsulated design that includes a firm but flexible support shell, built-in foot support, heel cradle for motion control and plush cushioning
Reviews of the Best Insoles for Military Boots
Comfort is paramount when you spend a lot of time on your feet. You want support and cushioning to help relieve fatigue and improve your posture. Here are our top picks of military and combat boot insoles.
1. SOLE Active Thick Insoles
Sole brings us this insert which has plenty of cushioning for keeping your feet comfortable in your combat boots. It’s 0.12 inches thick and made of Softec open-celled foam.
The EVA base will mold to your feet with wear, or you can heat them for a quicker customized fitting solution. Instructions can be found here.
They are available in men’s sizes 3 through to 20 and women’s sizes 5 through to 13. This means there should be a size to suit your military boots.
The heel of the insole sits at the same level as the ball of the foot, keeping it stable. It is deep to help prevent overpronation. The arch support is sturdy but still flexible.
Polygiene active odor control helps prevent nasty foot odor and moisture wicking keeps your feet dry.
The company offers a 90-day refund or replacement policy if there is a defect in workmanship or you are not satisfied with them.
See the features of this insole in this video from Zappos.
- Easily and quickly molded to your feet by heating.
- Accepted by the American Podiatrist Association.
- Appear to fit true to size.
- Might cause some discomfort when breaking them in.
- Can be too hard for some people.
|If you are looking for an insole you can custom fit, these could be for you. The support is provided from a semi-rigid arch and a thick open-celled foam.|
2. Physix Gear Sports Orthotic Inserts
Founded in 2015, this family-run business aims to put the customer first. It offers a 100 percent replacement or refund if you are not happy with your insoles.
You can choose from five sizes, from extra small through to extra large. The size ranges are:
- Men’s 3 to 4.5 and women’s 5 to 6.5 for extra small.
- Men’s 5 to 6.5 and women’s 7 to 8.5 for small.
- Men’s 7 to 9.5 and women’s 9 to 11.5 for medium.
- Men’s 10 to 11.5 and women’s 12 to 13.5 for large.
- Men’s 12 to 14.5 and women’s 14 to 16.5 for extra large.
Made from a double layer of foam with added heel support, these insoles claim to prevent many foot injuries. These include heel spurs, foot and heel pain, and plantar fasciitis. They also hold your feet in the correct position, preventing them from rolling inwards or outwards.
The thin design means these insoles won’t take up too much room in your military boots. An antimicrobial top layer prevents bacteria from multiplying. This is a great feature that can stop you from getting smelly feet and boots.
- Good firm arch support.
- Can be trimmed to fit for length.
- Thin and lightweight.
- Can be too wide for some boots.
- Cushioning could be improved
|These insoles come in a wide range of sizes for men’s and women’s military boots. They are thin and lightweight and give good support on the arch.|
3. Powerstep ComfortLast Insoles
The Powerstep ComfortLast insoles combine a slow recovery foam with gel technology to help absorb the shock from your feet as you walk or run. The cushioning runs for the full length of the insoles, from the deep cut heel to the toes.
A contoured arch support and cradle for your heels make this a comfortable addition to your combat boots.
These are available in six different sizes, covering a size 3 through to a 16.5 for men and a size 5 through to 12 for women.
The fabric upper helps reduce friction and has antimicrobial properties to reduce foot odor.
With wear, these contoured insoles will form a custom-like fit for your feet. You can use them in your military boots and then move them to your athletic or dress shoes if you want.
This video from Zappos highlights the features of this insole.
- Can be trimmed to fit.
- Cushioned along the length of the insole.
- Gel insert in the heel.
- High volume, so won’t fit in shoes that are tight-fitting.
- Too soft for some.
|The ComfortLast cushioning molds to the full length of your foot for comfort. A deep heel cup and arch support help prevent foot problems developing. Odor control keeps smells at bay.|
4. Airplus Ultra Work Memory Plus Insoles
Designed with work boots in mind, these Airplus insoles have built-in memory foam that molds to your foot. This customizes the fit for the right level of comfort for your feet. It will help relieve the pain associated with being on your feet all day in military boots.
The insoles come in one size, covering ranges from a size 7 to a 13. There are lines marked on the underside of the insoles which designate the sizes. You find your size and then trim them to fit.
They have targeted protection for the heel area, to help prevent your feet feeling tired. An antimicrobial additive in the upper fabric helps to fight bacteria, keeping combat boots and feet fresh.
- Memory foam
- Heel protection to absorb shock.
- Can be moved from military boots to other shoes.
- Top fabric layer might peel at the edges with wear.
- One size only and need to be trimmed to fit.
|Memory foam cushioning throughout the insole molds to the shape of your feet for comfort and shock absorption. Antimicrobial properties help keep feet smelling fresh.|
5. Powerstep Pinnacle Shoe Insoles
Founded in the early 1990s by a podiatrist, Powerstep makes several ready to wear insoles.
The Pinnacle insoles are available in sizes for both men and women. The range covers 3 to 16+ for men and 5 to 15.5 for women.
They are designed to help with the pain associated with common foot conditions, such as heel and arch pain, plantar fasciitis, and overpronation.
With semi-rigid support at the heel cradle and arch, they help hold your foot in the correct position. PORON® cushioning targets areas that need support. The bottom of the insole comprises two cushion layers and has an EVA foam base.
The full-length insole provides cushioning along the whole of the foot. An anti-microbial fabric forms the top layer of these insoles to keep bacteria at bay and prevent foot odor.
- Extensive range of sizes.
- Odor-repelling fabric uppers.
- Cushioning for the whole foot.
- Fabric uppers might wear
|A cushioned insole that is ready to wear and available in many sizes. Rigid support at the heel and arch gives feet stability and can help alleviate pain and fatigue.|
Why Do I Need Insoles in My Military Boots?
It’s not just a case of putting your feet in your boots, lacing them up, and off you go. Spending long periods of time on your feet can take its toll on the whole of your body if your feet aren’t properly supported.
This extra removable layer, which you place in your boots, can supply cushioning, support, and comfort. It can help fight common foot problems such as blisters, plantar fasciitis, overpronation, and supination (feet rolling in or out). It can also help with joint pain in the knees and pain in the lower back.
What Should I Look for in the Best Insoles for Military Boots?
You want the insoles to make your combat boots more comfortable and give your feet support. Some of the things to look for include:
- Arch support: Insoles generally supply some support for your arches, in a rigid or semi-rigid form. They can contribute to keeping your feet stable.
- Heel support: This will help hold your foot in the correct position and provide some support to your ankles.
- Cushioning: This provides comfort for your feet by helping absorb the shock that is caused by normal walking and running. It’s usually provided by gel or foam incorporated into the insole. Some can be molded to fit your feet.
- Antimicrobial properties: These help control the bacteria which cause foot odor. Some will also have wicking properties which take the moisture away from your feet, allowing them to breathe and stay dry.
This video from Footsmart shows you different types of insoles and how to choose the correct ones for your feet.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Choose the Correct Size Insoles for Military Boots?
To make sure your insoles will support your feet, place them on the floor and stand on one. It should encompass your foot and you should be able to balance. Your foot should feel stable in the insole.
How Long Do Insoles for Military Boots Last?
This will depend on the brand and the amount of wear and tear. They should last anything from a couple of months upwards. It might be useful to have a spare pair available, ready for when they need replacing.
How Thick Should Insoles for Military Boots Be?
This will depend on how much room you have in your boots. Put them in and go for a walk around. You shouldn’t feel any pinching across your toes, the middle of your foot, or your instep.
You will likely spend a lot of time on your feet when wearing military boots, so will want your feet to be as comfortable as possible. Something as simple as an insole can make a world of difference.
While all the insoles we have chosen are ideal for combat boots, our favorite is the Sole Active Thick. It can be molded to custom fit, comes in a wide range of sizes and supplies the support and odor control you need. There is also a choice of thicknesses, to ensure your feet are not cramped.
We hope you enjoyed our guide to the best insoles for military boots and found it useful. Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you and don’t forget to share.