Do you have a pair of military boots that aren’t quite as comfortable as they used to be? Maybe they have stretched with wear and are now a little too big.
Find out which are the best insoles for military boots to restore the status quo.
Let’s look at the top five insoles for combat boots and why you need them.
BEST MILITARY BOOT INSOLES FEATURED RECOMMENDATIONS
1. SOLE Active Thick Insoles
These thicker insoles are a good choice for military boots. They have an open cell foam layer to cushion your foot. They mold to your feet with wear or can be heated for a custom fit. The top layer has moisture wicking properties to keep feet dry.
- SOLE footbeds are recommended by podiatrists as an effective alternative to prescription orthotics
- Zero drop, deep heel cup and dynamic arch support combine to promote neutral alignment and equalize pressure distribution
- Custom heat or wear moldable and clinically proven to reduce plantar fascia strain by 34 percent, aiding with plantar fasciitis pain relief
- Insole base made from 20 percent post industrial recycled EVA, packaged in our 100 percent plastic free box for a minimized impact on the planet
- Featuring thick foam cushioning and Polygiene coating for odor control made with recycled silver salts
2. Physix Gear Sports Orthotic Inserts
The full-length insoles provide arch and heel support from a semi-rigid construction. A low profile ultra-thin design made from EVA foam and polyurethane supplies superior comfort. The non-slip heel holds these combat boot insoles securely in place.
- ✅ STEADY ARCH SUPPORT: Physix high arch insoles are designed to be the best shoe inserts men & women need as a soothing solution for Flat Feet, Runner's Knee, Overpronation, Shin Splints, & Achilles Tendonitis. These plantar fasciitis insoles relieve Metatarsal Arch & Heel Aches, Metatarsalgia (Ball of Foot Pain), Patellofemoral Syndrome (Knee Pain), & Low Back Pain!
- ✅ THUMBS UP FROM FOOT CARE SPECIALISTS: The thoughtful engineering of our orthotics for plantar fasciitis & shoe inserts for flat feet earned for Physix Gear the trust of foot experts & therapists over time. Rely on our women’s & mens insoles to provide your much needed relief & protection from many foot & leg conditions.
- ✅ EASY TO INSTALL: Physix Gear shoes insoles for men & women are easy to set up & position inside your work boots or shoes. These in soles come with trim guides for easy cutting & customization for that comfortable fit you need. Available in 5 sizes!
- ✅ NO RISK PURCHASE: We commit no-hassle returns on our Unisex Orthotics for Plantar Fasciitis. If our foot insoles for men & women fail to satisfy you, contact us, and we'll assist you right away!
- ✅ LOW PROFILE, LIGHTWEIGHT, ULTRA THIN SOLES: Physix flat foot orthopedic insoles are more supportive than thick cushion insoles and won't alter the way your shoe fits. Our plantar fasciitis inserts allow more room in the toe box to ensure comfy fit in most shoe types: boots, booties, slippers, dress shoes, running shoes, sneakers.
3. Powerstep Comfortlast Insoles
Variable foam cushioning in these insoles gives support just where you need it. There is gel in the heel to absorb shock as you walk. The antimicrobial fabric upper helps prevent nasty odors and keeps feet cool and comfortable.
- [POWERSTEP COMFORTLAST]: Full length insoles, low/neutral arch support, maximum cushioning, high activity for moderate support.
- [FOOT PAIN PREVENTION AND RELIEF]: By combining premium cushioning and an anatomically contoured arch shape, the Powerstep ComfortLast shoe insoles are a trusted solution to improve foot function and alleviate heel and arch pain, and sore, aching feet. As the #1 Podiatrist recommended brand. Our mission and purpose at Powerstep is to create a more comfortable and happier life for our customers. ~ The Powerstep Pain Free Life
- [LOW/NEUTRAL ARCH SUPPORT | MAXIMUM CUSHIONING]: Powerstep ComfortLast insoles are full-length insoles with two layers of premium cushioning and a slow recovery foam with a slight contoured arch which molds to the foot for maximum comfort. The shock-absorbing gel placed from the arch to the heel softens impact from each step to relieve metatarsal, foot, arch and heel pain.
- [DESIGNED FOR EVERYDAY USE]: Powerstep ComforLast insoles are made to fit sized, meaning no trimming, you order your shoe size. Inserts are movable from shoe to shoe if necessary and can be worn in a variety of shoe types including; athletic, walking/running, work and some casual and dress shoes.
- [PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA]: Your 100% satisfaction is our #1 concern so all of our products are backed by our 30-day guarantee.
4. Airplus Ultra Work Memory Plus Insoles
A memory foam insole, which molds to your foot to give you a personalized fit, makes these insoles ideal for military boots. They have protection targeted in the heel area to absorb shock. An antibacterial upper keeps your feet and boots smelling fresh.
5. Powerstep Pinnacle Shoe Insoles
The Powerstep Pinnacle gives semi-rigid but flexible support at the arch and has a deep heel cup for support. The PORON® cushioning and ventilated fabric upper provides cushioning and air flow. This helps keep feet comfortable and free from odor.
- The Pinnacle Full length insoles provide maximum cushioning, from high activity to moderate support. The PowerStep arch support shape provides stability to the foot and ankle, helping to relieve foot pain.
- When you spend all day on your feet, every step counts. Powerstep Pinnacle insoles are a podiatrist-recommended orthotic to help relieve and prevent foot pain associated with Plantar Fasciitis, heel spurs and other common foot, ankle and knee injuries.
- The Pinnacle insoles offer superior heel cushioning and arch support. The dual-layer cushioning is designed to reduce stress and fatigue, while Powerstep premium arch support is designed for plantar fasciitis relief.
- The Powerstep Pinnacle insoles can be worn in a variety of shoe types such as; athletic, walking/running, work and some casual shoes. Orthotic inserts Inserts are ordered by shoe size, no trimming required. First time insoles users may need a transition period of wearing insoles only a few hours a day.
- Proudly made in the USA: Your complete satisfaction is our top priority, which is why we back all of our products with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Reviews of the Best Insoles for Military Boots
Comfort is paramount when you spend a lot of time on your feet. You want support and cushioning to help relieve fatigue and improve your posture. Here are our top picks of military and combat boot insoles.
1. SOLE Active Thick Insoles
Sole brings us this insert which has plenty of cushioning for keeping your feet comfortable in your combat boots. It’s 0.12 inches thick and made of Softec open-celled foam.
The EVA base will mold to your feet with wear, or you can heat them for a quicker customized fitting solution. Instructions can be found here.
They are available in men’s sizes 3 through to 20 and women’s sizes 5 through to 13. This means there should be a size to suit your military boots.
The heel of the insole sits at the same level as the ball of the foot, keeping it stable. It is deep to help prevent overpronation. The arch support is sturdy but still flexible.
Polygiene active odor control helps prevent nasty foot odor and moisture wicking keeps your feet dry.
The company offers a 90-day refund or replacement policy if there is a defect in workmanship or you are not satisfied with them.
See the features of this insole in this video from Zappos.
- Easily and quickly molded to your feet by heating.
- Accepted by the American Podiatrist Association.
- Appear to fit true to size.
- Might cause some discomfort when breaking them in.
- Can be too hard for some people.
|If you are looking for an insole you can custom fit, these could be for you. The support is provided from a semi-rigid arch and a thick open-celled foam.|
2. Physix Gear Sports Orthotic Inserts
Founded in 2015, this family-run business aims to put the customer first. It offers a 100 percent replacement or refund if you are not happy with your insoles.
You can choose from five sizes, from extra small through to extra large. The size ranges are:
- Men’s 3 to 4.5 and women’s 5 to 6.5 for extra small.
- Men’s 5 to 6.5 and women’s 7 to 8.5 for small.
- Men’s 7 to 9.5 and women’s 9 to 11.5 for medium.
- Men’s 10 to 11.5 and women’s 12 to 13.5 for large.
- Men’s 12 to 14.5 and women’s 14 to 16.5 for extra large.
Made from a double layer of foam with added heel support, these insoles claim to prevent many foot injuries. These include heel spurs, foot and heel pain, and plantar fasciitis. They also hold your feet in the correct position, preventing them from rolling inwards or outwards.
The thin design means these insoles won’t take up too much room in your military boots. An antimicrobial top layer prevents bacteria from multiplying. This is a great feature that can stop you from getting smelly feet and boots.
- Good firm arch support.
- Can be trimmed to fit for length.
- Thin and lightweight.
- Can be too wide for some boots.
- Cushioning could be improved
|These insoles come in a wide range of sizes for men’s and women’s military boots. They are thin and lightweight and give good support on the arch.|
3. Powerstep ComfortLast Insoles
The Powerstep ComfortLast insoles combine a slow recovery foam with gel technology to help absorb the shock from your feet as you walk or run. The cushioning runs for the full length of the insoles, from the deep cut heel to the toes.
A contoured arch support and cradle for your heels make this a comfortable addition to your combat boots.
These are available in six different sizes, covering a size 3 through to a 16.5 for men and a size 5 through to 12 for women.
The fabric upper helps reduce friction and has antimicrobial properties to reduce foot odor.
With wear, these contoured insoles will form a custom-like fit for your feet. You can use them in your military boots and then move them to your athletic or dress shoes if you want.
This video from Zappos highlights the features of this insole.
- Can be trimmed to fit.
- Cushioned along the length of the insole.
- Gel insert in the heel.
- High volume, so won’t fit in shoes that are tight-fitting.
- Too soft for some.
|The ComfortLast cushioning molds to the full length of your foot for comfort. A deep heel cup and arch support help prevent foot problems developing. Odor control keeps smells at bay.|
4. Airplus Ultra Work Memory Plus Insoles
Designed with work boots in mind, these Airplus insoles have built-in memory foam that molds to your foot. This customizes the fit for the right level of comfort for your feet. It will help relieve the pain associated with being on your feet all day in military boots.
The insoles come in one size, covering ranges from a size 7 to a 13. There are lines marked on the underside of the insoles which designate the sizes. You find your size and then trim them to fit.
They have targeted protection for the heel area, to help prevent your feet feeling tired. An antimicrobial additive in the upper fabric helps to fight bacteria, keeping combat boots and feet fresh.
- Memory foam
- Heel protection to absorb shock.
- Can be moved from military boots to other shoes.
- Top fabric layer might peel at the edges with wear.
- One size only and need to be trimmed to fit.
|Memory foam cushioning throughout the insole molds to the shape of your feet for comfort and shock absorption. Antimicrobial properties help keep feet smelling fresh.|
5. Powerstep Pinnacle Shoe Insoles
Founded in the early 1990s by a podiatrist, Powerstep makes several ready to wear insoles.
The Pinnacle insoles are available in sizes for both men and women. The range covers 3 to 16+ for men and 5 to 15.5 for women.
They are designed to help with the pain associated with common foot conditions, such as heel and arch pain, plantar fasciitis, and overpronation.
With semi-rigid support at the heel cradle and arch, they help hold your foot in the correct position. PORON® cushioning targets areas that need support. The bottom of the insole comprises two cushion layers and has an EVA foam base.
The full-length insole provides cushioning along the whole of the foot. An anti-microbial fabric forms the top layer of these insoles to keep bacteria at bay and prevent foot odor.
- Extensive range of sizes.
- Odor-repelling fabric uppers.
- Cushioning for the whole foot.
- Fabric uppers might wear
|A cushioned insole that is ready to wear and available in many sizes. Rigid support at the heel and arch gives feet stability and can help alleviate pain and fatigue.|
Why Do I Need Insoles in My Military Boots?
It’s not just a case of putting your feet in your boots, lacing them up, and off you go. Spending long periods of time on your feet can take its toll on the whole of your body if your feet aren’t properly supported.
This extra removable layer, which you place in your boots, can supply cushioning, support, and comfort. It can help fight common foot problems such as blisters, plantar fasciitis, overpronation, and supination (feet rolling in or out). It can also help with joint pain in the knees and pain in the lower back.
What Should I Look for in the Best Insoles for Military Boots?
You want the insoles to make your combat boots more comfortable and give your feet support. Some of the things to look for include:
- Arch support: Insoles generally supply some support for your arches, in a rigid or semi-rigid form. They can contribute to keeping your feet stable.
- Heel support: This will help hold your foot in the correct position and provide some support to your ankles.
- Cushioning: This provides comfort for your feet by helping absorb the shock that is caused by normal walking and running. It’s usually provided by gel or foam incorporated into the insole. Some can be molded to fit your feet.
- Antimicrobial properties: These help control the bacteria which cause foot odor. Some will also have wicking properties which take the moisture away from your feet, allowing them to breathe and stay dry.
This video from Footsmart shows you different types of insoles and how to choose the correct ones for your feet.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Choose the Correct Size Insoles for Military Boots?
To make sure your insoles will support your feet, place them on the floor and stand on one. It should encompass your foot and you should be able to balance. Your foot should feel stable in the insole.
How Long Do Insoles for Military Boots Last?
This will depend on the brand and the amount of wear and tear. They should last anything from a couple of months upwards. It might be useful to have a spare pair available, ready for when they need replacing.
How Thick Should Insoles for Military Boots Be?
This will depend on how much room you have in your boots. Put them in and go for a walk around. You shouldn’t feel any pinching across your toes, the middle of your foot, or your instep.
You will likely spend a lot of time on your feet when wearing military boots, so will want your feet to be as comfortable as possible. Something as simple as an insole can make a world of difference.
While all the insoles we have chosen are ideal for combat boots, our favorite is the Sole Active Thick. It can be molded to custom fit, comes in a wide range of sizes and supplies the support and odor control you need. There is also a choice of thicknesses, to ensure your feet are not cramped.
We hope you enjoyed our guide to the best insoles for military boots and found it useful. Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you and don’t forget to share.