Is uncomfortable footwear costing you precious goals? Your cleats may be an investment, but that doesn’t guarantee comfort. The best insoles for soccer cleats could turn your game around.
The right pair of inserts could also ease the strain of the sport on your legs and feet. We reviewed 5 of our top picks to keep you playing at your best.
Our Top 5 Picks Of the Best Insoles for Soccer Cleats
1. Physix Gear Sport Orthotic Inserts
Physix Gear manufactures a range of supportive products for athletes. These inserts upgrade your soccer cleats with arch support and include shock absorption. They’re also designed to alleviate the symptoms of flat feet, heel spurs, or plantar fasciitis.
- ✅ STEADY ARCH SUPPORT: Physix high arch insoles are designed to be the best shoe inserts men & women need as a soothing solution for Flat Feet, Runner's Knee, Overpronation, Shin Splints, & Achilles Tendonitis. These plantar fasciitis insoles relieve Metatarsal Arch & Heel Aches, Metatarsalgia (Ball of Foot Pain), Patellofemoral Syndrome (Knee Pain), & Low Back Pain!
- ✅ LOW PROFILE, LIGHTWEIGHT, ULTRA THIN SOLES: Physix flat foot orthopedic insoles are more supportive than thick cushion insoles and won't alter the way your shoe fits. Our plantar fasciitis inserts allow more room in the toe box to ensure comfy fit in most shoe types: boots, booties, slippers, dress shoes, running shoes, sneakers.
- ✅ ERGONOMIC, NON SLIP DESIGN: Physix orthotic insoles are meticulously designed to reduce pain & discomfort, with semi-rigid arch support & heel cup for added support & stability while on the go. Plus each shoe insole has a non-slip heel to hold the insert securely in place throughout the day!
- ✅ SUPERIOR MATERIALS: Physix inserts are the best shoe insoles men & women love! Dual Base Layered High-Performance EVA foam & PU material helps correct abnormal walking patterns, relieves metatarsalgia, heel spurs, & knee pain.
- ✅ DEEP HEEL CRADLE FOR STABILITY ensures your feet get the best tender loving care they deserve, use after use. Ideal as overpronation insoles and perfect for improving performance & physical activity.
2. Vicocole Athlete Shoe Insole Support
These insoles by Vicocole include nylon arches for support and memory foam cushioning in the heel and ball area for comfort and preventing roll-overs. The features work to stabilize flat feet, and combat overpronation, and the materials are odor-proof to keep your feet fresh.
3. EASYFEET Athletic Gel Insoles
These thick EASYFEET insoles come with hard thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) arch support. The deep heel cradles prevent your feet from slipping, and the forefoot has shock-absorbing gel and air capsules. A breathable surface works against heat, friction, and odor.
- PLEASE CAREFULLY CHECK THE SIZE DETAILS BEFORE YOU PROCEED TO PAYMENT. Premium podiatrist-recommended sole shoe inserts for men and women minimize arch pain and offer excellent comfort. EASYFEET shoe insoles provide plantar fasciitis - high arch - flat feet - pronation - back - ankle - knee - neck - lower back - joint - posture - heel spurs - metatarsalgia - shin splints - bunions - Morton's neuroma support and pain relief
- ANY AGE / FOOTWEAR/ ACTIVITY orthotic inserts for men and women fit all orthopedic - athletic - casual - workout - sports - hiking - basketball - tennis - snowboard - ski - golf - gym - walking shoes or work boots. Best insoles for walking - running - standing - cross-training. WARNING: you may feel foot pressure while 3-7 days of wearing. It's normal because your feet are not used to arch support. We strongly recommend starting from 2-3 hours a day and increase the time each day gradually
- FOOT PAIN RELIEF Anti Pronation Biomechanical Reinforcement Technology offers a superb level of arch supports. Plantar Fasciitis Insoles provide a shock-absorbing effect because gel forefoot and air capsules enhance cushioning. Deep heel cradle with built-in heel support keeps foot bone vertical and balance to provide stability
- PREMIUM QUALITY orthotics offer strong arch support made of hard TPU and cushioning layer with PU memory foam base. Heat and friction reducing velvety breathable cover provide a top-notch feet comfort. Adjustable size: insoles can be easily trimmed and adapted
- 100% RISK FREE PURCHASE complete customer satisfaction and 1-year guarantee. If for any reason you aren’t happy, simply contact us and we’ll replace or refund shoe inserts for you. If you received an item with a broken box or item in Used condition please don't send a complaint, message us and we'll resolve this problem! Just click ‘Add to Cart’ to care your foot now!
4. CurrexSole CleatPro Insoles
Currex offers us the CleatPro insoles, which are tailored inserts for soccer cleats. These insoles are crafted to fill the void between your cleat liners and foot to increase your stability. There are three levels of arch support to choose from.
- DYNAMIC INSOLE SUPPORT: CURREX CleatPRO is a custom replacement insole engineered to improve the fit and feel of any cleat brand and model. Designed with a 3D arch, the insole shoe insert has anatomic support and dynamic stability for the best fit.
- SUPER-GRIP TECHNOLOGY FOR CONTROL: A superior anti-slip grip provides the ultimate control in your cleats. Combined with a heel stabilizer for a perfect fit, wrap, and lock so you can perform your best. No need to purchase expensive grip socks, CleatPRO does it all.
- ADDED CUSHIONING & REDUCES ODOR: The midlayer of these orthotic insoles provide moisture wicking and a charcoal layer to reduce odor. There is a PORON Heel for shock absorption and cushioning, along with PROPO+ for speed push and rapid acceleration.
- DESIGNED TO REDUCE INJURIES & PAIN: These support insoles are designed to reduce foot pressure and fatigue. They improve performance and prevent injuries by reducing stress on joints, ligaments, and tendons; the cause of injuries in the foot, knee, and hips.
- GREAT FOR ACTIVE SPORTS: Great for players of any age and level. Play better, pass more precisely, jump higher, save energy, and prevent foot problems. Good for one season or 12 months, whichever comes first.
5. Superfeet Carbon Insoles
The Superfeet Carbon insoles are slim for a low-volume fit inside tight-fitting athletic shoes, like your soccer cleats. This carbon-fiber material reinforces the insoles to support your feet, and there’s a stabilizer cap for absorbing impact in the heel.
- Trim to Fit: Superfeet insoles are made to be trimmed to fit your shoes and boots; follow cutting instructions before use, and if you're between sizes, size up and trim down to fit
- Low Orthotic Support: Low arch orthotic support helps stabilize the foot while running, reducing stress on feet, ankles, knees, and back
- Insoles for Men & Women: Heel cup positions and cradles the heel to optimize natural shock absorption and minimize fatigue; for slim-fitting athletic shoes
- Superfeet Insoles for Odor Control: Moisturewick top cover helps reduce odors and keeps feet fresh; beveled foam edge fits in many running and walking shoes
- Formerly Known as Superfeet CARBON: Run Support Low Arch (Carbon) insoles are the same great arch support insoles you love, now with a new name
Reviews of Inserts for Soccer Cleats
You can’t buy the first insoles you come across when you’re shopping for your soccer cleats. They must offer support, be durable, comfortable, and fit snugly into your shoe. We discuss our top choices in detail below.
1. Physix Gear Sport Orthotic Inserts
Although Physix Gear is a relative newcomer to the world of athletic supplies, the company has a reputation for putting its customers first.
If you aren’t 100 percent pleased with your insoles, you can return them for a refund or replacement.
Most soccer players should find a size to suit them among the extra-small, small, medium, large, and extra-large options. Available sizes for women are from 5 to 16.5, with the men’s sizes running from 3 to 14.5.
These insoles are slim and low profile, meaning they won’t take up much space. The dual-layered, medical-grade EVA foam enhances a deep heel cradle for support.
A non-slip heel prevents the insoles from shifting inside your cleats during the game. Combined with the semi-rigid arch, you should find relief from foot problems from minor to severe.
The topmost layer is covered in antimicrobial fabric to keep your feet fresh and dry.
If your soccer cleats or your feet are particularly narrow, this product may not be a great match. Although they’re slim-built, the insoles are wider than you might expect.
- Low profile.
- Non-slip heel.
- Antimicrobial fabric.
- Corrects pronation due to sports injuries.
- Insoles could be too wide for narrower feet.
|These shock-absorbing insoles with arch support are made with active wearers in mind. The non-slip heels keep your feet stable, and the ultra-thin profile shouldn’t take up too much room in your cleats.|
2. Vicocole Athlete Support Insoles
The Vicocole insoles are built to support your feet during athletic activities, from walking to high-impact running and cross-training. Men’s sizes run from 8 to 11, and women’s from 5.5 to 8.
These inserts for soccer cleats are trim-to-fit, meaning you’ll need to get out your scissors. When you receive them, you cut across the marked line corresponding to your shoe size.
This insole provides an odor-proof, sweat-absorbing memory foam support for the heel and ball of your foot. The targeted cushioning aims to ease pain in these areas caused by flat feet or other conditions. A reinforced nylon arch support should work against overpronation and foot fatigue.
There’s a shock-absorbing interface to shield and stabilize your feet while you’re in motion. A wrap-up sole provides additional safety around the heel to stop roll-over and slippage while you’re on the field.
If the aesthetic of your soccer cleats is important to you, you can choose a complementary color. There are four shades: red, blue, grey, or rose-red (pink).
Wider-footed individuals might find the Vicocole inserts too narrow. Furthermore, certain sizes might not align with the center of your arch, even when trimmed down to fit.
- Can be cut to size.
- Reinforced arch support.
- Four colors are available.
- Narrow, might not suit people with wider feet.
|Memory foam at the ball and heel of the insole offers enhanced stability, while the shock absorption prevents too much pressure from impact. The insole is trimmable for a custom fit in your soccer cleats.|
3. EASYFEET Athletic Gel Insoles
The EASYFEET inserts come with a one-year warranty and a 100-percent satisfaction guarantee. If these insoles aren’t a good fit, you can return them for a full refund.
Sizing is trim-to-fit consisting of extra-small, small, medium, large, and extra-large categories. It varies from 5 to 13 for women and 6 to 13 for men. Once you receive your insoles, all you need to do is cut along the lines.
This insole provides pronounced arch support through hard thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU). Players with high arches should benefit from less pain. The memory foam base is also cushioned for comfort, with a deep heel cradle to keep your foot steady and balanced.
The reinforced shock-absorbing gel pads at the heel and forefoot contain air capsules, helping to disperse energy with each step. Your feet should also stay cool with these insoles as the surface is made to reduce heat and friction.
This product may prove too thick for slimmer-built soccer cleats. Furthermore, the arch support could feel too intense for flat-footed individuals.
- Equips your soccer cleats with arch support.
- Surface reduces friction and heat.
- One-year guarantee.
- Gel, air capsules, and memory foam for comfort.
- Might be too thick for some cleats.
- Users with flatter feet could find the high arch overwhelming.
|These heavy-duty insoles by EASYFEET have reinforced arch support and thick cushioning to mitigate foot pain. Any impact is absorbed by way of gel pads at the heel and forefoot. The surface helps reduce the distraction of high heat and friction.|
4. CurrexSole CleatPro Insoles
CurrexSole manufactures insoles for other sports besides soccer, such as running and biking. The company has partnered with renowned athletic-supply organizations such as Nike, ECCO, CCM, Lowa, Mizuno, and Asics.
This insole works to bridge the gap between your foot and the liner of your cleat. Available sizes for men are 3 to 15 and 4.5 to 14 for women. You may need to trim your insoles to fit if your feet fall on the smaller end.
You can find support for all arch types here with three choices, including low, medium, and high. Further anatomical support in the middle of the insert conforms to your arch for stability.
There’s a shock-absorbing heel pad and a rebound-push pad at the forefoot, offering comfort from the impacts you may face on the field.
Watch this video to see how CleatPro insoles may enhance your soccer performance.
Overall, these insoles sport a low profile by design. If you have severe difficulties with your feet, there may not be enough support for you here. The heel cup isn’t as deep as some of the other options either.
- Made for soccer cleats.
- Three arch categories available.
- Low-profile build.
- SuperGrip anti-slip technology.
- Heel cup is shallow compared to other insoles.
|The CleatPro insoles are specially built to fit inside soccer cleats. There are three choices of arch support. The support pads spaced throughout the insoles should keep most feet comfortable and pain-free.|
5. Superfeet Carbon Insoles
Superfeet has been producing orthotics since 1977. Today, the brand has a large and loyal customer base and sells insoles from casual options to athletic and custom-made products.
The Superfeet Carbon insoles come in sizes to fit juniors (2.5 to 4), women (4.5 to 14.5), and men (5.5 to 13.5). As each size category isn’t exact, these inserts are trim-to-fit. This video gives you instructions on how to do that.
Unlike other Superfeet insoles, these are low profile to fit in athletic shoes.
A beveled foam edge around the insert enables you to get a proper fit, even if your footwear is on the narrow side. Support comes from the EVOLyte stabilizer cap that’s located along the heel to the forefoot. The heel cup is built to absorb impact naturally.
The surface on these insoles is bacteria-fighting to stop nasty odors. There are deliberate perforations at the forefoot and midfoot to boost breathability too.
These inserts may squeak in your soccer cleats for a time. Furthermore, if you have severely flat feet, you might find that you’re not feeling supported.
- Odor-eliminating surface.
- Rated to fit in athletic shoes with non-removable insoles.
- Beveled foam edge for a good fit.
- Might be squeaky.
- Insufficient support for serious cases of flat feet.
|The famous brand Superfeet delivers slim, low-profile insoles with EVOLyte carbon fiber support. Organic odor control keeps bacteria and bad smells at bay, along with perforations for airflow.|
Why Buy Insoles for Soccer Cleats?
Soccer is a sport that’s hard on your feet, no matter which position you’re playing. You’re either running around the field or to and fro to protect your goal. We list a few reasons why you might want insoles for soccer cleats:
- Enhance performance: If you’re distracted by your footwear, you won’t be paying attention to what’s going on around you. A player’s perception of shoe comfort can influence performance, including kicking accuracy. Insoles can also provide greater sensory feedback for more precise moves on the field.
- Prevent injury: Your soccer cleats are the interface between your feet, the ball, and the field. Good balance can significantly lower your chances of falling. A lack of support and comfort can also heighten your risk of getting hurt, all of which can be helped with the proper insoles.
- Soothe pain: Pain from flat feet, heel spurs, or other conditions is unpleasant to deal with and can interfere with your focus. Correcting these issues with insoles can take the pressure off and let you play without pangs of discomfort.
Choosing the Best Insoles for Soccer Cleats
There isn’t one brand or type of insole that works for everyone. Despite that, there are several factors that all prospective buyers should consider:
- Support requirements: Mild heel pain won’t necessitate the same degree of cushioning as heel spurs, for example. You need to assess your feet to determine your needs, whether you have flat feet or very high arches. The “wet test” can help you determine your arch type — this video shows you how.
- Foot shape: Whether your feet are wide or narrow, the insert you settle on should be suited to the shape of your foot. Otherwise, you’ll find yourself slipping around or less comfortable which can detract from your performance.
- Available space: A bulkier insole may offer more comfort, but it also might not fit inside slim soccer cleats. If your cleats are a little loose, a thicker insole could be a solution.
- Trim to fit: Insoles that come in single sizes may not fit every buyer. On another hand, trim-to-fit insoles let you adapt the insert to your foot with more precision. This is crucial for those that have difficulty finding a good fit.
- Odor control and breathability: Sweat contains bacteria that lead to smelly feet and shoes. Since you’re bound to sweat while playing soccer, you may want insoles with bacteria-fighting materials. Insoles with breathability features such as perforations are also preferred for airflow.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Were Soccer Cleats Made?
When the sport came about there were few set rules for conduct during play, let alone specific uniforms for the players. That means the majority wore their usual footgear, typically bulky work boots.
Not only did this slow everyone down, but it also resulted in painful accidents. Being on the receiving end of a forceful kick from a steel-toed work boot can do some damage. Furthermore, players had little-to-no traction in wet conditions.
Around 1891 the rules changed, and players were then allowed to add attachments on the bottom for grip. Shortly after that, the first boot for soccer was invented. Although still heavy, the boots were an improvement on the work shoes from before.
Over the years, the boot became lighter and more ergonomic. The boot design was then scrapped in favor of a shoe that allowed for ankle flexibility. Different studs (or cleats) were invented to suit various weather and field conditions.
Can You Buy Soccer Cleats With Removable Insoles?
Yes, the majority of soccer cleats do come with removable insoles included. However, these aren’t very supportive usually. You can switch them out with your insoles of choice if you find they’re lacking.
How to Fit Insoles to Soccer Cleats?
How your new insoles will fit into your cleats depends on the brand of the insert. Some inserts can’t be changed: what you see is what you get. Otherwise, trim-to-fit models come with size guides to show you what line to cut through for your desired fit.
Can You Use Any Insoles for Soccer Cleats?
Not every insole will fit your cleats properly or give you the support required for top-notch performance on the field. To play it safe, it’s better to buy insoles that are formulated specifically for athletic shoes and activities. This way, you’re confident the manufacturer understands your needs, versus those of the general population.
Score Goals and Feel Supported
As a soccer player, your feet are your most vital asset. The best insoles for soccer cleats can up your game and improve your comfort on the field.
Supportive features like pads in high-wear areas and ample cushioning can lower pain and stabilize your feet. Heel cups and arch types are other factors to consider when choosing the optimal insoles for your cleats.
We hope our guide to the best insoles for soccer cleats has been informative for you. Drop us a comment with your feedback and please share with your teammates.