Are you conscious about your foot health? If so, you should consider getting the best insole to support your feet in your shoes. A suitable insole can benefit you in so many ways and can rid you of pain in your hips, feet, and other body parts.
Your feet carry your weight as you walk, run, or stand. Therefore,
comfortable shoes are essential in helping you stay free of discomfort. High-quality insoles like Powerstep and Superfeet may give you the comfort and support that your feet need and make your shoes fit more snugly.
We’re going to look at Powerstep vs. Superfeet to see which one comes out on top.
Powerstep Vs. Superfeet Insoles
Both of these brands are popular for good reason. But how do the insoles compare against each other? To help you, here is a Powerstep vs. Superfeet comparison of their features and strengths.
Superfeet and Powerstep brands come with a massive selection of choices that fit different shoe sizes and shapes. The thinner the insole, the more likely it will comfortably fit the inside of your shoes.
For example, the Powerstep Original is known for its versatility and can fit into different shoes without much struggle. Powerstep insoles in general are usually low-profile and skinny, and can fit in almost any shoe.
Superfeet’s high-profile and high-volume insoles are more cushioned and have a springy underfoot. They don’t fit as easily into other shoes when compared to Powerstep, but they can be trimmed down to ensure they fit comfortably in your shoe.
On the other hand, Powerstep insoles cannot be cut, so they may not quite fit into some shoes perfectly.
Superfeet creates some of its insoles with a specific gender in mind. Therefore, they have separate versions of the same insole model for men and women, with minor differences to ensure they fit the typical foot of each gender.
The most significant difference is that Superfeet designed their insoles with comfort and durability as their primary focus, while Powerstep designed their insoles to be all-rounded.
Comfort and Pain Relief
Comfort is the most critical factor when choosing an insole. Powerstep insoles are created with double-layered materials to ensure your comfort.
For example, the ProTech has thick cushioning and a heel cradle at a slight angle to give you better movement control. The lines of the insoles also have an antimicrobial lining to reduce odor and friction.
Superfeet insoles also prioritize the user’s comfort. As well as the cushioning, the insoles come with a cap stabilizer and cradle for your heel. Superfeet models tend to be more comfortable, although their insoles take longer to break in.
However, when choosing medical insoles, we advise that you consult a podiatric professional. The wrong insole can cause foot injuries and even lead to back pain. Although medical experts typically recommend Powerstep shoes, Superfeet also has a great selection of medical insoles.
Both companies make quality insoles. Superfeet insoles remain stable and comfortable for up to a year. However, this varies depending on your lifestyle, i.e., whether you jog or walk a lot, and also how often you use your insoles.
Both insole brands are incredibly durable as their products are designed with similar materials. The durability will depend on how you take care of your insoles; therefore, bringing us to an even score.
Both brands are impressive, but for different reasons. Powerstep’s main innovation is its shock-absorbing features, which also reduce friction and heat. In comparison, Superfeet insoles come with a layer of memory foam that molds to the profile of your feet.
Both insoles have an odor-control coating material that deals with foot odors. Although Superfeet offers a wider variety of insole options, Powerstep wins with its SlenderFit and Wide Fit insoles. As a result, Powerstep comes out slightly ahead in this category.
Our Top Recommendations for Powerstep Insoles
Powerstep is among the best insole brands out there. Apart from producing quality insoles, they have a wide range of options to pick from, each suitable to different needs. Below are some popular Powerstep insoles that are ideal for you.
- Full length total support: powerstep’s original orthotic shoe insole offers full length, total contact support. The encapsulated design has a firm but flexible support shell, built-in arch support and deep heel cradle for increased stability. This insert works for neutral, low and high arches
- Moderate cushioning: original full-length shoe insoles have dual-layer cushioning with vct Variable Cushioning Technology and a durable EVA foam base that provides high-quality, targeted cushioning to protect your feet during an athletic activity, standing or walking
- Designed for comfort: The polyester top fabric keeps your feet comfortable and dry by preventing friction and heat while you go about your day
- For every shoe: maintain stability, support and alleviate foot pain wherever you go. Simply transfer the Powerstep original from one pair of casual, Athletic, or dress shoes to another with no trimming necessary
- Podiatrist designed: Powerstep original orthotic shoe insoles are recommended by podiatrists to prevent and alleviate foot pain associated with plantar fasciitis, metatarsal pain, heel or arch pain and discomfort, mild to moderate pronation and sore/aching feet
The Powerstep Original is made for people with flat feet or collapsed arches. People with these conditions rarely get as much attention as the high-arched customers as these conditions are rarer. And this is why Powerstep Original became the first product from Powerstep to lead to all the rest.
The Powerstep Original’s most crucial advantage is its low profile. Since they’re thin, you can put them in almost every shoe you own, including those that don’t come with a detachable insole. They also feature arch support and a heel cradle for flexibility and balance.
However, if you want one for sports, this isn’t the best choice for you.
- [POWERSTEP PINNACLE]: Full length insoles, neutral arch support, maximum cushioning, high activity for moderate support.
- [FOOT PAIN PREVENTION AND RELIEF]: PowerStep Pinnacle insoles are ideal for pain associated with Plantar Fasciitis, Achilles Tendonitis, shin splints and other foot, ankle, knee, hip & back pain. As the #1 Podiatrist recommended brand, our mission and purpose at PowerStep is to create a more comfortable and happier life for our customers. ~ The PowerStep Pain Free Life
- [NEUTRAL ARCH SUPPORT | MAXIMUM CUSHIONING]: PowerStep Pinnacle insoles are full length insoles with built-in neutral arch support and dual-layer cushioning are the perfect balance of comfort and support. The PowerStep Pinnacle insole features the proven PowerStep arch shape which cradles the arch and heel, adding stability and motion control to limit excess stress on feet, ankles, joints, and tendons.
- [DESIGNED FOR EVERYDAY USE]: PowerStep Pinnacle insoles are made to fit sized, meaning no trimming, you order your shoe size. Inserts are movable from shoe to shoe if necessary and can be worn in a variety of shoe types including; athletic; walking/running, work and some casual and dress shoes ~ PLEASE NOTE ~ First time PowerStep or orthotic insole users may need a transition period of wearing insoles only a few hours a day until feet are accustomed to all day support and stability.
- [PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA]: Your 100% satisfaction is our #1 concern, and all our products are backed by our 30-day money back guarantee.
Powerstep’s Pinnacle insoles are gender-neutral, meaning they have something for everyone. The Pinnacle insole is created with synthetic material and has arch support for improved stability and balance for wearers. In addition, it has a slightly angled heel that gives you greater control over your movements.
The cushioning technology makes sure that you are as comfortable as possible. In addition, wearing the Pinnacle insoles from Powerstep will help you to saves money, instead of spending lots to buy multiple comfortable shoes.
Runners love the antimicrobial upper fabric as it ensures their feet remain dry and aerated at all times, thus preventing the shoes from smelling, even after a run.
- [POWERSTEP PINNACLE SLIMTECH]: 3/4 length insoles, neutral arch support, moderate cushioning, high activity for moderate support.
- [FOOT PAIN PREVENTION AND RELIEF]: Powerstep Pinnacle 3/4 insoles are ideal for pain associated with Plantar Fasciitis, Achilles Tendonitis, shin splints and other foot, ankle, knee, hip & back pain. As the #1 Podiatrist recommended brand, our mission and purpose at Powerstep is to create a more comfortable and happier life for our customers. ~ The Powerstep Pain Free Life
- [NEUTRAL ARCH SUPPORT | LOW PROFILE | MODERATE CUSHIONING]: Powerstep Pinnacle SlimTech insoles are 3/4 insoles with a tapered edge which allows for extra room at the toes, while the built-in neutral arch support, supple top cover and dual-layer cushioning create the perfect balance of comfort and support in a low-profile design. The proven Powerstep arch shape which cradles the arch and heel, adding stability and motion control to limit excess stress on feet, ankles, joints, and tendons.
- DESIGNED FOR CASUAL & DRESS: Powerstep Pinnacle 3/4 insoles are made to fit sized, meaning no trimming, you order your shoe size. Powerstep 3/4 insoles are made specifically for tighter fitting, low profile shoes such as athletic (walking/running) casual and dress. These 3/4 insoles are intended for footwear that does not have a removeable factory footbed.
- [PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA]: Your 100% satisfaction is our #1 concern so all of our products are backed by our 30-day guarantee.
The Powerstep SlimTech insole has all the perks of other Powerstep orthotic insoles but is more versatile. This three-quarter length insole leaves extra room at the toes so you can move them from your different shoes without having to trim or change them.
In addition, the ultra-thin design also features a low-profile cushion, built-in heel cradle, arch support, and a non-slip pad at the heel. These insoles give you better cushioning and increased stability compared to other low-profile shoes.
If you’re suffering from overpronation, plantar fasciitis, bunions, or ankle and knee pain, this insole is an excellent choice for everyday wear.
- Podiatrist designed & APMA accepted to promote quality foothealth.
- Alleviates pain associated with plantar fasciitis arch pain& heel spurs amongst other foot conditions.
- Supports & protects the arch, foot, ankle, knee, &lower back.
- Poron heel Comfort Cushion
- double layer EVA cushion casing
The Powerstep ProTech is a medical insole created to assist both women and men in alleviating foot pain. The full-length insole with double-layered orthotics gives semi-rigid arch support for people with medium and high arches.
In addition, the Poron heel comfort cushion ensures your feet are supported and comfortable throughout your day.
Powerstep Insoles: Pros
- Ideal for flat-footed individuals.
- Fits most shoes well.
- Excellent shock-absorbing properties.
- Offers excellent cushioning and arch support.
Powerstep Insoles: Cons
- Some customers have complained that the arch is too high.
- The padding may not last as long as expected.
- Some customers say the padding is not as soft as they’d like.
Our Top Recommendations for Superfeet Insoles
Superfeet has been making soles longer than Powerstep. It is among the biggest and most trusted insole brands. Like their competitors, they provide high-quality products for all your needs.
- The rear-foot control point helps reduce overpronation and lessens strain on knees, ankles, hips and lower back..
- Mid-foot control point enhances stability to promote proper landing.
- Rocker bottom that allows foot roll, and thicker design provides excellent shock absorption.
- Woven polyester, Holofiber, polyethylene foam, polypropylene shell.
- Note: For normal and flat arch foot types. Recommended for use in shoes with removable insoles.
Superfeet Green is the company’s first product and is also most customers’ favorite since it’s suitable for everyday use. This insole has a deep heel cup that gives you maximum support and helps minimize the stress on the ankles and knees.
The high-profile shape also helps stabilize, cushion, and balance the wearer’s feet, which distributes the weight evenly.
The Superfeet Green is also made from a durable material, ensuring you can wear them for as long as possible and remain comfortable. In addition, the strategically placed shock absorbers help prevent various types of foot pain.
Finally, the odor control coating comes in handy for people who struggle with sweaty and smelly feet. The layer destroys the bacteria responsible for foot odors.
- Full-Length Fit: High-profile, high-volume Superfeet insoles are designed to fill the length and width of your shoe for maximum support, simply trim the arch-support inserts to fit your shoes
- Stabilizer Cap: The base of these orthotic sole inserts supports the rearfoot and provides structure and stability to the foam layer
- Deep Heel Cup: Featuring deep heel cups for heel pain, these orthotic insoles help support the foot during high-impact activities and long distances
- Anti-Fatigue Support: Equipped with soft, bouncy foam at forefoot, our cushion insoles for men and women provide shock absorption during high-impact activities
- Shaped By Superfeet: Our shoe insoles for men and women feature a legendary high-profile orthotic shape recognized worldwide for providing a supportive, energizing foundation
As impressive as Superfeet Green is, the Superfeet Orange is more suited for extreme use, such as sports. And this is why the Superfeet Orange insole is the best for high-impact activities. In addition, this insole has excellent features like the narrow heel cup and extra foam that improves shock-absorbing capacity.
It also features a reinforced stabilizer cap and an organic odor control coating material with strong construction that ensures it lasts long. Along with outdoor activities, the Superfeet Orange also fits into shoes with removable insoles, such as work boots.
- Full-Length Fit: Low-profile, low-volume Superfeet insoles are designed to fill the length and width of your shoe for maximum support, simply trim the arch-support inserts to fit your shoes
- Stabilizer Cap: The reinforced rearfoot of the cap allows our orthotic sole inserts to provide superior structure, support, and flexibility
- Deep Heel Cup: Featuring our most accommodating heel cups for heel pain, these orthotic insoles help stabilize and support the foot
- High-Density Foam: Our durable closed-cell foam shoe insert supports and cushions the foot for long-lasting comfort
- Shaped By Superfeet: Our shoe insoles for men and women feature a legendary orthotic shape recognized worldwide for providing a supportive, energizing foundation
If you want an insole that you can put in any shoe, the Superfeet Black is the perfect choice for you. The insole is thin and lightweight, making it easy to insert in different types of shoes. In addition, the low arch support makes it ideal for people with varying arch heights.
Like all Superfeet insoles, the Superfeet Black also has an odor-control coating and closed-cell foam made from strong materials. While they’re not as cushioned as the Superfeet Orange, they are still as comfortable, according to customers.
- FIT PROFILE: Medium volume/Medium profile insoles; Volume refers to the amount of space these comfortable Superfeet BLUE insoles will take up in your shoe, whereas, the Profile is how much shape you can expect to feel under your foot. Full-length Superfeet insoles are supposed to be trimmed to fit in your shoes.
- STABILIZER CAP: The rails of the Superfeet orthotic support shoe inserts reinforce the narrow cap to provide structure and support
- HEEL CUP: Helps position the heel to naturally absorb and soften impact from the ground.
- SUPERFEET SHAPE: The medium-profile shape of these orthotic shoe inserts puts support right where you need it, but takes up less space in the shoe
- HIGH-DENSITY FOAM LAYER: Closed-cell soft foam insoles support and cushion the foot for long-lasting comfort.
The Superfeet Blue is also an excellent option if you’re looking for something thin and lightweight. The most significant difference between the Superfeet Blue and Black insoles is the arch support.
Superfeet Black are created for low-arched feet, while Superfeet Blue cater to medium- and high-arched wearers. Like the black model, you can wear the Superfeet Blue in almost every shoe because of its extremely thin profile.
Other outstanding features are the odor controlling antibacterial coating, durable construction, and shock absorbers strategically placed for support.
- FIT PROFILE: Medium volume/Medium profile insoles; Volume refers to the amount of space these comfortable Superfeet Berry insoles for women will take up in your shoe, whereas, the Profile is how much shape you can expect to feel under your foot
- REINFORCED STABILIZER CAP: The base of these Superfeet orthotic shoe inserts support the rearfoot and provides structure and stability to the foam layer
- DEEP HEEL CUPS: These medium arch support insoles feature a deep, narrow heel cup that helps support the foot during high-impact activities and long distances
- SUPERFEET SHAPE: Designed with a slimmer heel and an arch length to fit the female foot, the signature Superfeet arch support shoe insert shape helps stabilize and support the foot, which can help reduce stress on feet, ankles and knees
- HIGH-IMPACT FOAM FOREFOOT: The soft, bouncy foam at forefoot provides great shock absorption during high-impact activities like walking, running, or playing on hard, unforgiving surfaces
Women are slightly more prone to getting foot injuries, so the Superfeet Berry was created for women who are often on their feet.
Although they are similar to the Orange model, the Superfeet Berry was explicitly designed for women. It comes with a deep narrow heel cup that provides stability, cushioning, and gives you better balance over long distances.
In addition, its high-impact foam forefoot makes it fantastic for intensive activities like jogging and jumping. Plus, the insole is also coated with antibacterial odor control material.
Superfeet Insoles: Pros
- They offer excellent shock absorption.
- They reduce any stress on your feet, knees, and ankles.
- Offers support to your arches and heels.
Superfeet Insoles: Cons
- Relatively more expensive than other insole brands.
Why You Need Insoles
Insoles are ideal for improving the safety and comfort of your feet. They give better arch and heel support to increase your stability, balance, and posture. Insoles also reduce the shock to your feet to protect them, and they also protect your outsoles from wearing out.
Powerstep and Superfeet are two of the biggest insole companies on the market. Both have a wide selection of insoles for every foot type, activity, and shoe.
The foot arch is the part of the foot between the heel and the ball. Some people naturally have high arches, while others have flatter feet. People with a high foot arch have a reduced foot surface area compared to people with a low arch.
When you walk, run, or even stand, you put a strain on the joints and muscles of your feet and knees. High arches can also cause problems like calluses, Achilles tendinitis, and knee pain. Insoles that give you support on the arch will ensure your body weight is evenly distributed to avoid such complications.
Check out our recommended insoles for high arches.
Shoes can complement your style in addition to your outfit, especially when you wear the right pair. But most importantly, you should be as comfortable as possible.
So what happens when you get a brand new pair of kicks, and they aren’t as comfortable as you would want them to be? Insoles can solve that problem, especially when you choose the right pair.
Orthotic insoles are designed to cater to different foot contours and people’s lifestyles. For example, what type of arch does your foot have? Do you walk a lot? Where will you primarily wear those shoes?
The cushioning in the insoles reduces the impact when running or during active sports. The better comfort, flexibility, and fit given by orthotic insoles can improve your performance and safeguard your foot’s health.
Increase Shoe Life
Running and other active sports increase how fast your soles get worn out. Insoles provide a layer of cushioning between your feet and the shoes, which reduces the rate of wear and tear.
Unfortunately, getting a new insole won’t help if the shoes are already worn out. Insoles also assist in maintaining the proper gait. This is especially helpful for people with a supinating or an overpronation gait. Depending on the problem, insoles can help correct poor walking postures. Therefore, your soles are saved from excessive wear on one side.
Alleviate Foot Pains
Foot imbalance and sprains may lead to some horrible foot disorders, such as plantar fasciitis and bunions. These conditions can cause considerable pain when you walk, run, or even jump. With the wrong insoles, the problems can worsen.
Shoe insoles are designed with materials that can absorb the pressure and shock when you move. In addition, insoles offer better flexibility and balance for those who play sports. Ensure you select the correct insole for your lifestyle.
Are your feet susceptible to sweating a lot? It’s time you found the right insoles for sweaty feet.
Most insoles come with many units of antimicrobial properties. These make sure that your shoes and feet are always odor-free, even when running in scorching temperatures. In addition, these properties help keep your feet cool, which is essential for optimal comfort.
Most Powerstep insoles have proven antimicrobial characteristics, and some Superfeet models are excellent in that area, too.
What Insoles Are Better Than Superfeet?
If you’re looking for an alternative to Superfeet, Powerstep is an excellent choice.
Both brands produce excellent insoles that are long-lasting and breathable, but Powerstep is often more durable and comfortable. The insoles also come with fantastic odor control mechanisms ensuring your feet remain odor-free.
How Long Do Powerstep Insoles Last?
Insoles should always be replaced when they are no longer providing enough support or comfort. The time they last will vary depending on your foot structure and how much you use them. Powerstep claims they’ll last at least 6 months.
Are Superfeet Insoles Worth It?
If you want a pair of insoles that are durable and reliable, Superfeet is a top choice. The high-profile and high-volume insoles are cushioned and have a springy underfoot for ultra comfort. As well as the cushioning, the insoles come with a cap stabilizer and cradle to support your heel.
Powerstep wins when it comes to innovation, sizing, and comfort. However, whichever one you choose between Powerstep vs. Superfeet will give you the support and comfort you need.
To ensure you find the right fit for your needs, you should consult with a medical professional such as a podiatrist to help you determine what type of insole is best for your feet. You should make sure your insoles are comfortable, strong, and high-quality to enjoy proper arch support.
Powerstep and Superfeet insoles are available in whatever size you require. However, you should make sure the model you buy gives you the support you need. For example, Powerstep fits low arches better, while Superfeet produces insoles for both arch types.
Powerstep and Superfeet insoles’ quality and effectiveness result from the modern technology they are designed with. Powerstep uses dual layering and antimicrobial lining, while Superfeet employs memory foam to make feet hugging and highly comfortable insoles.