Have you ever wondered how to obtain optimal support from your work boots?
Well, you’re in luck, there is a simple solution to your problem, and that is a steel shank work boot.
Now, you are most likely wondering, what is a steel shank in a boot?
A steel shank is a flat piece of material that is inserted into work boots just below the arches,right between the heel and ballareas.
BEST STEEL SHANK WORK BOOTS TO BUY
You may be familiar with a steel toe work book. Not all steel shank work boots have a steel toe, but they provide some of the same functions. A steel toe work boot will protect the toes while the shank will protect the underside. They both retain the shape of the boot.
Shanks may be made out of a variety of materials: plastic,steel, steel combinations, fiber combinations,etc. Steel shanks are the most traditional, and we believe that they are an excellent investment to protect your work boots.
Why do I need a steel shank?
When your work boots wear, or lose their structure, you may think it is time to purchase a new pair. Buying new work boots, or switching brands, will have you spending funds, time and time again, that you do not need to be spending. Using the steel shank will provide you with sturdy, reliable, boots that will last.
What else will steel shanks do for you?
There are multiple benefits of steel shanks in work boots.
• Provide protection,and reduce injury, from the penetration of sharp objects
• Offer comfort, balance and support to overworked arches
• Keep expensive work boots in good condition
Won’t a steel shank weigh my work boot down?
Not necessarily, they are thin and flexible pieces of metal.They come in a variety of sizes. The full-length shank will be the heaviest.
You might benefit from steel shanks if the following applies to you:
• If you use a ladder heavily, steel shanks will protect you from “rung bruises”, they will take all of the impact.
• If you work on rocky terrain or in construction areas were there are scrap nails or metals on the floor, you will be protected from penetration.
• If your work requires you to walk on uneven ground or on an incline, you will find yourself more balanced.
In conclusion, steel shanks on work boots are not only a good investment, they also offer protection and support. Your mind will be at ease during your daily routine, whether you are battling jagged terrain,ascendingan incline or perpetually climbing a ladder.
You can find comfort in the fact that your boots will not be affected by overuse and that you will avoid injury. The best form of protection is prevention, and steel shank on work boots anticipate and prevent.